Location: Colombo, , LK
Job Category: Technology
Role: Tech Lead
The primary responsibility will be to ensure that root-cause is established for all major incidents and that a formal RCA is published within agreed SLAs.
In addition, the current Major Incident and Problem management processes should to be reviewed improved, and where agreed with the leadership, improvements implemented. Implementation will include documentation and mentoring of all IT stakeholders.
Should be proficient in following disciplines
1. Proficient in Linux and Unix environments
2. Python with knowledge in scripting
4. Prior development exposure in Java related technologies will be an advantage
5. Oracle SQL /PL- SQL
6. Rest Web Services
7. Knowledge on JMS/MQ Messaging
8. Troubleshooting skills
9. ITIL qualified and/or adheres to the process
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible for the major incident and problem management discipline, ensuring an effective and coordinated set of processes are developed and maintained across all services, suppliers, and customers
- Co-ordinates rapid response to major incidents and problems, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve them, with minimal downtime to systems and services
- Ability to work in different business times and on-call 24hs / 7 days
- Shift work, stand by support and working on weeknights/weekends/public holidays is required
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 21,000 people globally that cares about your growth — one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Learn more at www.virtusa.com.